"Ulba Metallurgical Plant" Joint-Stock Company ("UMP" JSC) is located in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Eastern Kazakhstan. Since 1997 the company is a part of National Atomic Company "KAZATOMPROM", presenting interests of the Kazakhstan Republic in the nuclear industry.
Formally "UMP" JSC was found on October 29, 1949.
Currently the company includes as follows:
- The largest in CIS countries nuclear fuel production for nuclear industry;
- Sole in Eurasia production of all kinds of Beryllium products starting with crude ingots to finished parts;
- Sole in CIS countries Tantalum production equipped with advanced high-capacity equipment capable to process any kind of Tantalum and Niobium raw materials;
- Advanced production of HF acid;
- Tools engineering facility with a large experience of manufacturing equipment and high precision parts and components on advanced metal treatment equipment;
- A firm research basis;
- A large Design Institute;