Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for April 2017. The report gives data on global EM and DM (excl. USA), and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country page for Russia.
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.ru/comments/view/164489 (free access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
April 2017 highlights:
• EM international bond market continues its rapid growth;
• In April 2017 volume of new issues has reached $67.2 bn, $282 bn of new bonds has been issued since the beginning of the year which is 53% more than for the same period in 2016;
• Emission of Saudi Arabia sukuk bonds consisting of two tranches of $4.5 bn has become the biggest issue in April and biggest sukuk issue ever;
• April 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia - 50.6%, of new issue volume, Middle East - 21.6%, CIS – 12%, Latin America – 6.6%.
• April2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 50,6% of new issue volume, Middle East – 21,6%, Latin America – 6,6%, Eastern Europe – 5,3%.
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are Citi ($25.4 bn), JP Morgan ($25.4 bn), HSBC ($22.8 bn), Deutsche Bank ($16.7 bn) and Standard Chartered Bank ($13.5 bn).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are HSBC ($37.6 bn), JP Morgan ($36.8 bn), Barclays ($33.bn), BNP Paribas ($31.2 bn) and Citi($28,3 bn) .
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Linklaters (105 deals), Allen & Overy (88 deals), Clifford Chance (88 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (55 deals) and Davis Polk (36 deals).
Cbonds is the leading source of information on fixed income markets of Russia, the CIS and other Emerging Markets.
For over 10 years Cbonds has been providing market professionals with such information as bond database, quotes, indices, market news, comments and research. Cbonds is an independent data vendor not affiliated with securities market players and other news agencies.
That’s why we maintain ive and unbiased attitude when providing comprehensive informational coverage of fixed income markets.